How I connected with Bec & Mar:
You've probably seen these babes featured over on @shop_projectnm quite a few times now-I'm obsessed with EVERYTHING they post. I've been following these gorgeous #girlbosses over @twiceblessed_ for God knows how long now and still get major inspo every time I see their pictures- it's like monochrome heaven, can ya blame me?!
About 2 months ago, I was on Instagram scrolling through my feed (the usual) and saw one of their pictures of them twinning in this all black outfit and was like- "ok, that's it, I'm reaching out to them right now and sharing their story with everyone". I swear, it literally happened just like that- haha.
Bec & Mar are identical twins.
These babes have been featured on Who What Wear, MTV, POPSUGAR, Harper's Bazaar, just to name a few!
Q&A with Girl Bosses, Bec & Mar:
1. How did Twiceblessed come about?
Bec and I started Twiceblessed a couple of years ago during our last semester in college. Being so intertwined in our daily lives together, it made sense to start something (even as a hobby initially) and to see where it would go! The rest, as they say, is history!
2. Where do you guys find your inspiration?
We find our inspiration from so many areas of our lives. Our fashion inspiration comes from a lot of International Bloggers and influencers. People like Miroslava Duma, and Aussie girls Christine Centenera & Amanda Shadforth (Oracle Fox blog). A part from that, the one thing that inspires us to wake up, kick ass, and do it all over again, is our faith in God. We feel that Twiceblessed is something that has been designed and molded by God. Because of that, we can walk boldly and confidently, in any situation, take risks and push boundaries!
3. Growing up, I was a huge fan of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen and absolutely loved every single one of their movies/TV series (I secretly always wanted a twin- lol). What’s the best part about being twin sisters and being able to share your passion for fashion all while building a wildly successful brand, together?
Being a twin is the most amazing thing anyone could ever imagine. Our entire lives, when explaining what it’s like to be a twin, we’ve always said- ‘It’s the biggest blessing’, which is 100% true and where the name Twiceblessed actually came from.
We get to work with our best friend every day!
4. What’s the best advice you’d give a babe who’s starting a blog in this day and age where there seems to be “bloggers” in every corner?
I think the best advice about starting a blog would be to have something that sets you apart from everyone else. There is no point in becoming a blogger if your plan is to be like everybody else and blend in - you need to stand out!
5. What tips would you give a babe whose goal is to have an aesthetically appealing Instagram feed that will attract thousands and millions of viewers and potential “follows”?
Plan your content! We schedule and pre-plan all of our content a week in advance, so we can organize the imagery to look beautiful in our Instagram ‘story’. Stick to a theme, whether that be color, editing process or by pattern (rotating a flatlay with a body shot then inspiration etc).
6. What are some closet staples you feel every girl boss should invest in?
For us, you'll see us investing in classic pieces. A good black Blazer, leather jacket, flare or wide leg pants, and white shirts. It's fun sometimes to splurge on fashion items, just make sure that they're wearable and not going to collect dust in your wardrobe.
7. What do you guys feel is the key to true success?
We don't think success is a destination; it's more about who you are than where you are. For us, the key to true success is maintaining good integrity and having a strong character.
8. I strongly believe God has put each and every one of us on this earth to make a difference and do great work. What do you guys wholeheartedly believe he put you on this earth to do? What do you consider your unique mission is?
That’s an interesting question. If you had asked us this a few weeks ago, we probably wouldn’t be able to give you a straight answer… Not that we didn’t know, we just hadn’t had the definitive word from God yet. However, recently, both Marissa and I found our purpose (separately) about Twiceblessed, and its purpose for God’s Kingdom. We completely know that Twiceblessed, as a blog & business, is designed to inspire, influence and touch peoples lives. Whether that's in what we wear, how we conduct ourselves, or how we speak to people, we know that this platform, and our 86,000 followers aren’t for our own benefit, but for his.
P.S. Since Fall is basically around the corner and I can never get enough of Fall fash (I'm sure you can't either), I've done you the fav of rounding up some inspo pics from one of Bec & Mar's latest blog posts down below. Ya welcome!