How I connected with Kells:
I was scrolling through my explorer page like the Instagram-obsessed freak that I am-haha, while sipping on my second cup of coffee when I came across Kells’ IG account! The second I saw her “Pumpkin Pie Be Well Smoothie” (I’m a sucker for finding new smoothie recipes to try) and saw she had her own full-service nutrition, wellness and lifestyle biz, I knew I needed to connect with her and share her story with you!
Kells is a certified holistic nutritionist, wellness expert and health coach based in Los Angeles, California. She LOVES whipping up tasty and clean meals, helping her clients live a healthy and balanced life, and is the sweetest gal you’ll ever meet!
Kelly's clients consist of Jessica Alba, Evan Peters, and fashion blogger, Marianna Hewitt, just to name a few!
She's been featured on EONLINE, LAUREN CONRAD, PEOPLE, INSTYLE, VOGUE, and other amazing health, wellness and lifestyle publications!
Q&A with Girl Boss, Kelly LeVeque:
1. How did you start? Did you always know you wanted to be a health coach and open your very own full-service nutrition, wellness and lifestyle company?
I have been in love with health and nutrition since I was 12 or 13 years old. I used to read Women's Health and Diet books in High School while all my friends were taking Cosmo quizzes. I have always helped my friends but I never realized my passion could translate into a career. For that reason, I spent the first half of my career working in cancer genetics. Finally, 4 years ago, I decided to follow my dream and Be Well by Kelly caught on like wildfire.
Passion is everything; when you are doing what you love with love, it ignites.
2. What has been your greatest accomplishment thus far?
Signing my book deal with Harper Collins. I am beyond excited to help as many people as possible and can’t wait for it to hit shelves in 2017.
3. How did it feel the first time you ever got published? What do you remember thinking when you got “the call” or opened “the email”?
Yes - Inspired by This published my first recipe, there is nothing that makes you feel more legitimate than when others want to share your work so others can learn, grow and change because of you.
4. What advice do you have for a #girlboss on the run who doesn’t necessarily have 1-2 hours to prep and prepare healthy meals every single day?
You can make FAB4 meals in five minutes a day.
1. Make a #bewellsmoothie and up the recipe to 2 tbsp of fat and 2 tbsp of fiber. This guarantees you will have balanced blood sugar for 6 hours.
2. Sunday prep can be as quick as 10 minutes. Grab a rotisserie chicken and a few pre-made salads or roasted vegetable sides at Whole Foods and divide them up into personal containers. Each container should have 4 oz of protein, 2 cups of veggies and fat, 1/2 avocado or 2 tbsp of healthy fat like MCT, Olive or coconut oil each.
5. Where do you find your inspiration?
My clients! Everyone is different and they deal with different issues. I love to get creative with them on how to be healthy or well, then I share it with the masses because guaranteed someone else is also dealing with that issue.
6. Do you have any exciting projects in the works you’d like to share with us?
I am working on a line of products, protein powders, shaker bottles and #bewellbykelly travel kits.
7. What advice would you give a babe who wants to start her own lifestyle and wellness brand?
You can’t get ahead looking in the rear view mirror, look forward with focus and drive straight toward your passion.
8. What’s the best and most rewarding thing about being your own boss?
Getting to help people change their lives is the most humbling job, I am grateful beyond words for the trust my clients give me daily.
P.S. I have rounded up 3 of my fav recipes from Kelly's website down below! If you’re just as fitness and healthy obsessed as I am, give these a try. You’ll love them!