How I connected with Reese:
Scrolling through Instagram one morning, I found Reese's oh so chic IG and fell in love! I love when I come across babes on IG who are doing what they love and sharing their passions with the world in hopes to inspire others. Reese and I have been Insta #bizbesties for a while now so I reached out to her recently to see how we could share her story in hopes to inspire you/answer some frequently asked questions from the blogging community.
Q&A with Biz Babe, Reese:
1. What advice do you have for a babe who wants to start a blog?
Be yourself! I think a genuine following is derived from an honest organic connection to the blogger, so be true to yourself. Be engaging and interactive. I love love LOVE chatting with my supporters.
2. Where do you find your wardrobe inspiration? What are some of your fav brands right now?
I feel inspiration comes from everywhere, from other people’s sense of style to vintage curtains in store windows.
Fav clothing brands: Premonition Designs + Club Monaco
Fav shoe brands: Gianvito Rossi, Celine, & Saint Laurent
3. What are some closet staples you feel are a MUST for every #bizbabe?
Ripped boyfriend jeans!!! It looks so great with everything- a white tee, silk cami, big comfy knit. You can throw on a pair of chucks, heels or loafers- they're so versatile, so necessary.
4. Snap or Insta Stories?
Snap because the filters make me love my face haha, but Insta stories for the convenience.
5. What are some of your go-to editing apps?
I live and breathe by Snapseed and PicsArt. Did you know you can even out your tan on PicsArt? Sensational *Future Voice*
6. What's your best advice on growing an organic and highly engaged following on IG?
Be engaging. I try to be as responsive as I can with my followers.
7. Do you feel every blogger should invest in a photographer when they're starting out?
No, I don’t think it’s necessary. I started with a few of my best friends and my fiancé and used my iPhone for everything. It wasn't until recently that I bought a camera (and sometimes when I forget it at home, I still use my iPhone). I’ve personally never worked with a photographer for Instagram.
8. Do you have any collabs or exciting projects in the works?
YES! Stay tuned ;)
P.S. I've rounded up 3 looks from Reese's blog down below that are sure to give you major inspo!